Monday Morning Mixed Tape I

If you haven't seen High Fidelity or have a love for John Cusack, you're probably a lot younger than me and I'm starting to feel my age. You should at least rent it on iTunes - classic.



I've decided I'm going to try to start a regular blog post on Mondays and I'm titling it: Monday Morning Mixtape. The idea was triggered when someone requested on my tumblr that I create a playlist of the songs I've used in my vlogs. A bunch of you agreed that it would be a good idea so I will get to creating that eventually.

Back to mixed tapes - talk about a lost art. I remember sitting on the floor in my room, recording songs onto cassettes (and then later CDs) and cutting out pictures from magazines to make the perfect collage for the track list inside... again I'm starting to feel old but let me tell you, my tapes were rad and if you were lucky, I made you one.



So for the first 'tape' I'm going to do 5 tracks and see how this goes. I'm by no means a music expert/snob or what have you, I'm not even going to tell you that my music taste is awesome. I am not afraid to admit that 90% of the time, I have really shitty taste in music. Also I live for a catchy pop song. 



Cults - You Know What I Mean
I don't know why it's taken me so long to listen to this record but let's just say, it came to me at the right time. I've been listening to this track in particular on repeat for the last week and I can't stop.


Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen
Can't help it. I love Ellie and the "ooo's" make it catchy.


The Raveonettes - You Want The Candy
My friend Matty played them in my car one day and I came home to download a few of their albums. I used this song in one of my vlogs, do you know which?


Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Spread Your Love
To be honest I haven't listened to any of their recent releases but I remember seeing them play at the 9:30 Club in DC about 5 or 6 years ago and it was awesome. They're one of those bands that whenever I listen to them I feel like I need to be in a dodgy bar surrounded by smoke.


The Black Keys - I'll Be Your Man
I know these guys have gotten a lot of recognition with their more recent releases. But don't forget about the older stuff either.


I'm using SoundCloud for this inaugural mix but I'm not sure that I will continue to. The selection is limited so I may have to switch to doing it on Spotify? Let me know your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I am always looking for new music to listen to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea also.
    I actually read the book.. I have yet to see the movie. Which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your music taste is amazing. Keep up the music posts.

    ReplyDelete