Looking Back at 2012

Another year passes swiftly by. Everyone says it, "This year went by so fast!" and 2012 was no exception. Every year has its highlights and struggles but this year will definitely be one to remember.

I've moved a lot in my life but this was the first huge move I'd made alone. New York to LA, a move that I'd been dreaming about doing for years - finally happened. I couldn't even believe I was doing it. In a similar fashion to the way I moved to NY, I went in blindly. I had only moved to New York the year before so who in their right mind would just pick up and leave again? Well, I guess I would but It's probably one of the best decisions I've made for myself. I came to LA green but ready to do what I had to in order to make it work. The beginning was slow, and that's to be expected. But even then I was over the moon to be where I was. Perhaps it's that "happy to be here" mentality that set the tone for how the rest of the year progressed.

  

After living in my friend's basement for a few months, one of my new and fantastic LA friends Kristy, pointed me in the direction of a 1 bedroom apartment across the street from her. I fell in love with the old charm and of course, the amount of space! Lucky for me, everything quickly fell into place and I was able to snag it before anyone else. I've lived on my own for years so you wouldn't think this would be any different, but something about being in a new city and signing my name on that lease made this place extra special to me. Sure the ceiling occasionally leaks when there's a heavy down pour, but isn't that part of life's experiences? I'm pretty sure Bruce loves the extra space as well :)


I've met a lot of people and made some really great friends this year. I've also been reunited with old ones which has been a reward in itself. I'm so lucky to have met these people and I appreciate each and every one of them. Without these amazing individuals I definitely wouldn't have survived this year. These are the people who I worked with, celebrated holidays with and spent long nights in a haze of food, drink and conversation. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us all. (Note to friends who may not be pictured, I still love you but I didn't have an Instagram pic of you :P )

I could go on for ages about how excited I am about some of the work that I got to do this year, but I think the best is yet to come. If you follow my channel you were able to come with me on a few fun gigs and I hope that the opportunity to document will continue. The YouTube community, especially in the last few months, has been so great to me and I thank you guys for taking the few minutes out of your day to visit my baby channel. Finding a balance between my personal, professional and "virtual" life isn't easy and I lose a lot of sleep haha! But the positive feedback and appreciation I get from you makes it completely worth it in the end. There was a time earlier this year where I definitely considered deleting my channel but somehow we worked our way back and I'm glad that I didn't.

So goodbye 2012, I will remember you fondly and I challenge you 2013 - TOP IT!



2 comments:

  1. absolutely love that picture of bruce and the pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire. Got to say I'm inspired by your big move. I've been contemplating moving to the next city (lol) for years. Your life looks like so much fun. New follower btw...can't wait to see what you have coming in 2013!

    ReplyDelete